We have implemented new policies and procedures at Kingston West Dental Centre due to COVID-19 to help keep everyone safe.
Please complete the COVID-COVID-19 Patient Screening prior to contacting us to schedule an appointment. We will require your results and you'll need to let us know if you screened positive or negative. Please provide us this information by phone, text or email. Alternatively, we will review these questions with you over the phone prior to scheduling an appointment if the appointment is within the next 14 days.
Please carefully review these new policies immediately upon the scheduling of your appointment.
1. We love to hear from you and see you, but no walk-in appointments will be accepted at this time. All patients will be screened appropriately on the phone or via email/text at the time of scheduling your appointment.
2. When you receive your automated appointment reminders one week and 2 days prior to your appointment, you will need to complete the COVID-19 patient screening and inform us of the results, both times. This is a requirement of Public Health and the RCDSO for everyone's safety and for record keeping purposes. We understand that these additional safety protocols are time consuming, but they are necessary. Should there be any changes to your COVID screening prior to your appointment, please let us know immediately and we will reschedule your appointment. Please do not attend your appointment if your or someone in your immediate household has screened positive or should be self-isolating, please notify us immediately so that we are able to provide you with proper guidance. We recognize that there may be exemptions, so please discuss the matter with us, should you fall into a category that may always screen positive, for example a long haul truck driver carrying essential goods who frequently crosses the border.
3. On the day of your appointment, upon arrival, there will be limited seating in the waiting room to respect physical distancing requirements. You may come in as usual and sit in an appropriately marked chair. Should you arrive and there is not adequate seating please return to the parking lot. Please call 613.389.0464 from a cell phone to inform us that you are here. We will let you know when it is safe to enter the clinic. If you get the voicemail, please leave us a message and we will return your call or text you as soon as it is safe to enter the clinic. If you do not have a cell phone, please let us know prior to returning to the parking lot and we'll make the appropriate accommodations.
4. Please limit the number of items brought into the clinic to essential items.
5. We will be bringing you in to our treatment rooms after the screening. If you are sick in any way, please let us know 48 hours in advance and stay home. We will gladly reschedule your appointment.
6. Patients will be required to review the COVID-19 screening questions and verify they answer NO to all questions prior to entering the treatment area. If the answer to any question is YES, then practice members cannot come to the clinic for a minimum of 14 days.
7. Patients will abide by physical distancing (keep a minimum distance of 2 meters from others) while in the clinic except for when a specific treatment is applied.
8. Only patients with a scheduled appointment will be allowed access to the clinic. If someone has accompanied them, they will need to wait outside of the clinic unless you are the attendant, parent or guardian of the patient. Patients with small children may bring them in if there are no other options but children will not be allowed to stay in the waiting room.
9. Patients will be required to use hand sanitizer on all areas of hands and wrists upon entering the clinic or hands and wrists may be washed with soap and water in the washroom.
10. Masks or face coverings are mandatory. Patients will wear a mask (home-made or other) into the clinic and leave it on while at the clinic unless they have been instructed to remove your mask. Should one forget their mask, masks will be made available for $2.00 each. Children under 2 are not required to wear a mask. If you are unable to wear a face mask, please notify us at the time of scheduling your appointment.
11. Outdoor footwear must be left inside the front door due to infection prevention and control regulations.
12. We will be trying to minimize any contact. Email receipts, using tap type payment, e-transfers payments by credit card prior and minimal use of forms will be our preference.
13. If patients need to cough or sneeze at any point, they are to direct it into a tissue or their sleeve at the elbow. They will then be required to sanitize again. 14. Unless it is an absolute emergency, we ask patients not to use our washroom facilities. If you have used the washroom, please advise us so we can clean it.
We are here to help!
Contact us today with your questions or to schedule an appointment.