3We have implemented new policies and procedures at Kingston West Dental Centre due to COVID-19 to help keep everyone safe.
Please complete the COVID-COVID-19 Patient Screening prior to contacting us to schedule an appointment. We will require your results and you'll need to let us know if you screened positive or negative. Please provide us this information by phone, text or email. Alternatively, we will review these questions with you over the phone prior to scheduling an appointment if the appointment is within the next seven days.
Please carefully review these new policies immediately upon the scheduling of your appointment.
1. When you receive your automated appointment reminders between one week and 2 days prior to your appointment, you will need to complete the COVID-19 patient screening and inform us of the results. This is a requirement of the RCDSO for everyone's safety and for record keeping purposes. We understand that these additional safety protocols are time consuming, but they are necessary. Should there be any changes to your COVID screening prior to your appointment, please let us know immediately and we will review the results with you and reschedule your appointment if necessary. Please do not attend your appointment if your or someone in your immediate household has screened positive or should be self-isolating, please notify us immediately so that we are able to provide you with proper guidance.
2. Please limit the number of items brought into the clinic to essential items.
3. Patients and visitors will be required to review the COVID-19 screening questions and verify they answer No to all questions prior to remaining in the clinic. If the answer to any question is YES, then practice members cannot come to the clinic for a minimum of 10 days.
4.. We will be bringing you in to our treatment rooms after the screening. If you are sick in any way, please let us know 48 hours in advance and stay home. We will gladly reschedule your appointment.
5. Patients with small children may bring them to the clinic if there are no other options but children will not be allowed to stay in the waiting room unattended.
6. Patients will be required to use hand sanitizer on all areas of hands and wrists upon entering the clinic or hands and wrists may be washed with soap and water in the washroom.
7. Masks or face coverings are optional.
8. Outdoor footwear must be left inside the front door due to infection prevention and control regulations.
9. Parents, guardians or children remaining in the treatment room while another patient is receiving care are required to wear a mask.
10. We will be trying to minimize any contact. Email receipts, using tap type payment, e-transfers payments by credit card prior and minimal use of forms will be our preference.
11. If patients need to cough or sneeze at any point, they are to direct it into a tissue or their sleeve at the elbow. They will then be required to sanitize again.
12. Should your COVID-19 status change within 10 days of attending your dental appointment please immediately notify the clinic.
We are here to help!
Contact us today with your questions or to schedule an appointment.